vineri, 24 iulie 2020

Kashtan vs. Rostov

My grandmother bought me a Kashtan tape recorder as present when I was admitted at the faculty of electrical engineering, summer 1985. As I was in the army in autumn, my parents bought it from our neighbor's shop. Mr. Manuta (i.e. 'Little hand') was working there and usually import appliances were harder to find. Mr. Manuta (Minuta) was living at Spatar Milescu 17 and he was Aromanian.
Aromanians were working in many commercial places like general technical merchandise stores.

My friend from the same street, number 16, another Aromanian, had a Rostov tape recorder. Rostov was better, with 3 motors, no transmission belt, touch type electric-mechanical orders for play, wind, rewind, stop, record. Glass-ferrite heads. This was my dream...

Here is a comparison between them:


I had the Kashtan with included loudspeakers and power reduction. There was also a model with separate speakers and price almost like the price of Rostov.
I bought 2 wooden acoustic enclosures, 2 medium-bass loudspeakers and 2 RFT tweeters from DIODA store for electronics.
I manufactured the filters according to the indications from the Electronics agenda:


I used 1 uF capacitors from the board of disk telephones.

In May 2020 I bought a Rostov with all seals on their positions.
I gave it to a friend to replace all the electrolytic capacitors.
He has an oscilloscope and it is better for adjustments.
I didn't give up as electronics, but this is my hobby and his qualification.
He is electronics engineer, I am electronics as my high school diploma states and electrical engineer as my faculty diploma states. However, he has more specialized measuring devices than me.
I am waiting for the result of  the Rostov's refurbishing.

Grundig TK140 bought in 1969, 3 tubes, still working:







KASHTAN 1985












ROSTOV 105 - 1987, all seals on their positions...











Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu